August 16, 2017 Agenda
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Commissioners' Blue Room
- Approval of July 2017 drafted meeting minutes.
- Board member updates. Frank Ward’s replacement has not been named. Reed Faasen to represent until replacement is assigned.
- Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
- This was provided to us from MUELEC in December 2016: PLEASE NOTE: After receiving some additional comments of concern regarding the proposals to the Electric Law of Maryland after our last MUELEC meeting on November 16, 2016, it has been decided to table all proposed legislation for the upcoming legislative session and continue to work on concepts prior to getting a bill writer involved.
- Provided to Board the “Introduction and Proposed Changes” from MUELEC.
- Concerns regarding proposed legislation to the General Assembly on February 10, 2017 by Delegate Hornberger. We were informed MUELEC was unaware of this action until after it had taken place. Copy provided to Board members.
- We have received updated information (03/03/2017) from MUELEC.
- This Board will continue to monitor the situation and maintain contact with MUELEC.
- MUELEC meeting 05/17/2017. John Zanelotti attended and his notes were attached.
- Journeyman exam application(s) to be reviewed:
- Alan Ross Jr
- Restricted Master exam application to be reviewed:
- Eron Montgue - from July 2017 meeting. Board members wanted the Chairman to review.
- Homeowners Permit exam application to be reviewed:
- Thomas Raliegh
- September 2017 exams provided by John Zanelotti to be reviewed.
- Journeymen with concern of suspension or revocation of license were sent notice to attend this hearing:
- Alex Coronado
- Ernest Henry
Licensing Counts as of this month are as follows:
Master: 1857 with 650 active.
General: 1486 with 564 active.
Restricted: 185 with 86 active.
(186 expired with no listing of type)
Journeyman: 1871 with 603 active.
Homeowner: 148 with 2 active.
Please note Agenda is subject to change.
Next meeting will be September 20, 2017.