February 15, 2017 Minutes
PGM Conference Room #1
Charles County Government Building
Members and Staff:
John Zanelotti, Chairman
- Approval of January 2017 meeting minutes. Frank Ward motioned to approve meeting minutes as written with attachment. Seconded by Tom Wathen. All in favor. None opposed.
- Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
- Concerns regarding proposed legislation to the General Assembly on February 10, 2017 by Delegate Kevin B. Hornsberger, Republican, Cecil County was discussed. Frank will provide Fiscal Services an update and maintain contact to monitor this situation.
- Journeyman applications were approved for the March 2017 exam.
- James Reed
- Hansel Roa
- Robert Tabor
- James Ryan
- Willie Zapata met with failed Journeyman applicants to review exams:
- Jorge Silva Delgado
- Francis Butler
- John Zanelotti provided (3) exams for review. The Board selected a Master and a Journeyman exam to provide for March 2017. Note: September exam we will use the NEC 2017.
- Planchek provided an advertisement for a “Zinc Ground Conductor” to advise it is now available to the public. The statement relating to this product is “not enforceable”.
- Wesley Brengle- expired Master #813 requested his (2014) license be reinstated without examination. The Boards decision was to deny Mr. Brengle his request. Motion made by Frank Ward to deny reinstatement without examination. Seconded by John San Luis. All in favor. None opposed.
- Updated 2016 Accomplishments, Tasks and Goals was provided. Motion made by Frank Ward to accept as written and provide to the Charles County Commissioners. Tom Wathen seconded the motion. All in favor. None opposed.
- 2017- 2019 Journeyman renewal application was provided by the Clerk. Motion was made by Frank Ward to accept and distribute to all active Journeyman. Tom Wathen seconded the motion. All in favor. None opposed.
- MUELEC annual membership fees 2017 have been paid.
- Complaint received from DLLR of incomplete and unprofessional Electrical work done without permit by Milton D Howell Jr., 3 MB Communications Inc. It was concluded that Mr. Howell is not licensed in Charles County therefore the Board will take no action on this complaint. Motion made by Frank Ward. Seconded by Tom Wathen. All in favor. None opposed.
- Note: the work was later completed and inspected by a licensed Charles County Master.
Motion made by Frank Ward to adjourn the meeting at 5:20 PM. Seconded by Tom Wathen.
All in favor. None opposed.
Next meeting will be March 15, 2017 at 4 PM.