Thursday, June 14, 2012
Area Council on Aging
June 14, 2012
Richard R. Clark Senior Center
La Plata, MD 20646
- Call to Order
- Determination of a quorum attendance
- Introduction of guests, if present
- Approval of the minutes (Apr 2012 & May 2012)
- Read communications sent/received since the last regular meeting (thank you letter was sent to George Foster for his years of service on the ACA Board; Senior Club applications were sent to club leaders on 5/16/12)
- County Commissioner Report
- Area Agency on Aging Director's report
- Unfinished business:
- Distribute current Benefit Eligibility Info, as requested at May meeting
- Update from ACA Legislative Committee Elaine Lancaster, Committee Chair
- Plan summer ACA outreach to Senior Centers & Senior Apartment Complexes – solicit member volunteers, locations & dates to be determined.
- New business:
- Aging 4-yr strategic plan (Area Plan) will be updated this summer— have not yet received budget information from Maryland Dept of Aging. Will coordinate for ACA Chairperson’s signature prior to summer submission date.
- June 20th- Annual Senior Picnic at Jaycees, 11am-2pm, Free but Tickets are required. *Will distribute ACA member tickets at this meeting, then release back to Centers for general distribution.
- Member & Community Representative Announcements (maximum 3 minutes each)
- Next meeting date : Summer break—ACA will re-convene in September 2012