Thursday, May 10, 2012
Area Council on Aging
May 10, 2012
Richard R. Clark Senior Center
La Plata, MD 20646
Call to Order
- Determination of a quorum attendance
- Introduction of guests, if present
- Approval of the minutes (Apr 2012)
- Read communications sent/received since the last regular meeting (on behalf of the ACA, Dina sent Thank You notes on 4/30 to both Presenters & the Moderator of the 4/26 Forum)
- County Commissioner Report
- Area Agency on Aging Director's report
- Unfinished business:
- Update from ACA Health Committee (Dr Guillermo Sanchez, Committee Chair) – Feedback from Hip Fracture forum, held April 26, 2012. Thanks to all who helped!
- Update from ACA Legislative Committee (Elaine Lancaster, Committee Chair) – next subcommittee meeting to be scheduled sometime in June (date tbd)
- Plan summer ACA outreach to Senior Centers & Senior Apartment Complexes – solicit member volunteers, locations & dates to be determined.
- New business:
- Feedback from May 4th Commission on Aging meetings.
- Feedback from May 5th Senior Expo event
- Membership announcements (recent resignations, board vacancies)
- Aging 4-yr strategic plan (Area Plan) will be updated this summer—no public forums are required for ‘update’ years, but ACA member input/feedback is always welcome! J
- May is Older Americans Month- all Centers hosting special events, see SCOOP
- June 20th- Annual Senior Picnic at Jaycees, 11am-2pm, Free but Tickets are required. *Let Dina know if you are coming & she will reserve your ticket.
- Determine agenda for the next meeting
- Member & Community Representative Announcements (maximum 3 minutes each)
- Next meeting date : June 14, 2012 (last regular meeting of the summer)