Nov 2014 Agenda
Charles County Area Council on Aging
November 13, 2014 9:30 A.M.
Richard R. Clark Senior Center La Plata, MD 20646
• Call to Order & Determination of a quorum attendance
• Introduction of new ACA members, if present
• Approval of the minutes (June 2014- by Ms. Claish; Sept 2014 & Oct 2014- prepared by Ms. Lewis)
• Communications received
• County Commissioner’s Report
• Area Agency on Aging Report
• Unfinished business:
o Presentation of Officers for 2014 Special Election o Conduct Election (if quorum is present)
• New business:
o Tickets/Reservations for ACA members to attend Dec 11th senior event
o Reminder of inclement weather policy (call 301-934-9305, ext 5197 for delayed opening or closure information about Senior Centers & other Aging Division programs)
o Distribution of shelf-stable meals for inclement weather to frail homebound seniors
o “Christmas Connection” Adopt-a-Senior program (contact is Ruth Anderson-Cole 301-934-9305, ext 5143 to refer a needy senior or to volunteer for the program)
• Member & Community Representative Announcements (maximum 3 minutes each)
o There is no business meeting for the ACA in December. Members should plan to attend the annual county-wide holiday senior citizen event on Thurs Dec 11th, to speak with constituents regarding senior issues and make them aware of the ACA.
o County offices will be closed for the following upcoming holidays: Thurs Nov 27th (Thanksgiving Day); & Fri Nov 28th , Thur Dec 25th & 26th (County holidays).
o Next regularly scheduled ACA meeting date : Jan 8th, 2015