Sept 2014 Agenda
Charles County Area Council on Aging
Sept 11, 2014 9:30 A.M.
Richard R. Clark Senior Center La Plata, MD 20646
• Call to Order & Determination of a quorum attendance
• Introduction of new ACA members, if present
• Approval of the minutes (June 2014, provided by Ms. Sylvia Claish, ACA Secretary)
• Communications received
• County Commissioner’s Report
• Area Agency on Aging Report
• Unfinished business: o None
• New business:
o Due to the changes in membership that occurred in Spring 2014, it is necessary for the ACA to hold a special election for the positions of Chairperson & ViceChairperson. At this time, the Council members should either solicit nominations from the floor or select a nominating committee to prepare a ballot for election at the next meeting (10/9/14).
• Guest Speaker- Mr. Maurice Dipoli, member of the State Commission on Aging, will provide a brief update regarding the Annual Statewide Commission on Aging meeting held on Sept 10th in Hagerstown. Mr. Dipoli is also the former Chairman of the Charles County ACA.
• Member & Community Representative Announcements (maximum 3 minutes each)
• Reminders: o Our annual meeting schedule was mailed to all current ACA members in August.
o County offices will be closed in observance of Columbus Day on Mon, Oct 13th.
o Next ACA meeting date : Oct 9th, 2014