Local Management Board
Local Management Board
The Local Management Board is responsible for developing a comprehensive array of human services for all children, youth, and families in Charles County as well as monitoring and evaluating contracts for services, outcomes, and results provided by the County and private human services.
With the exception of advocacy and information, the Local Management Board does not provide human services directly but contracts with public and private agencies to provide a variety of services for which the Local Management Board has received funding. Funding for programs offered through the Local Management Board originate from the Governor's Office for Children, the Maryland State Department of Education, and the Department of Juvenile Services.
The overall mission is to improve the quality of life for Charles County children, youth, and families by ensuring that human service programs are plentiful, accessible, and excellent. Working with citizens, government, public and private human service agencies, the Local Management Board strives to make Charles County a better place by aligning our focus with the Maryland's Results for Child Well-Being.
The Local Management Board focus areas include:
- Babies Born Healthy
- Healthy Children
- School Readiness
- School Success
- School Completion
- School Transition
The Local Management Board will then:
- Identify the community’s needs and strengths
- Promote the use of "Best Practices" by local human service providers
- Maximize existing resources through collaboration and systems reform
- Seek new programs aimed at filling gaps in service
- Acquire funding to implement those programs
- Monitors and evaluate programs to ensure they achieve results
Along the way, the Local Management Board will facilitate collaborative problem-solving and engage in community-wide strategic planning. Underlying these activities is a commitment to family-focused services that prioritize prevention and early intervention.
Programs Funded through the Charles County Local Management Board:
- Family Resource Center (Single Point of Access)
- Family Navigator
- Functional Family Therapy
- Healthy Families Charles County
- Maternal Child Health
- Summer/Mobile Meals
- Summer Youth Achievement Program
- Youth Services Bureau