www.charlescountymd.gov

Charles County, Maryland

Christ Church- William & Mary Parish, 1692

Christ Church- William & Mary Parish, 1692

William and Mary is one of the 30 original parishes created by the Establishment Act of 1692; records from 1694 show that a church was already in existence and was known as Picawaxon Parish.  Valued possessions of the church include a silver Queen Anne chalice and paten.  The Hallmarks reveal the silversmith and a date of 1700.

Days/Hours of Service:
One Regular Sunday Service 9:30 am

Tours by appointment only.

Address: 
13050 Rock Point Rd
Newburg, MD 20664-2503
Phone: 
301-259-4327
Email: 
christchurchwayside@gmail.com