www.charlescountymd.gov

Charles County, Maryland

St. Mary's Church, 1674

St. Mary's Church, 1674

Father Basil Hobart received "land, brick, and mortar" from Major William Boarman to build a residence and chapel near Newport in 1674.  St. Mary's was the first Franciscan Catholic church in the colonies and was affectionately referred to as "Our Lady of the Fields" because of the surrounding farms.

Days/Hours of Operation:

Open daily, year round.

Services at 5:00 P.M. each Saturday; as well as 7:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M. each Sunday.

Address: 
11555 St. Mary's Church Rd
Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
Phone: 
301-934-8825