A key component of Codes, Permits and Inspection Services is the inspection of approved plans and enforcement of the various land-use management and nuisance regulations. During construction, inspection services are provided to ensure compliance with approved plans and the County’s design specifications. These services confirm proper Code compliance prior to any occupancy of a structure or the County taking over maintenance responsibilities of public infrastructure to protect taxpayer interests. This group also enforces the County Zoning Ordinance and Forest Conservation efforts for properties involved in new construction and proper use of all sites.
Boards, Committees and Commissions
- Board of Electrical Examiners
- Homeowners Association Dispute Review Board
- Nuisance Abatement Hearing Board
- Property Standards Task Force
CompCom Complaint Forms
- Codes, Regulations and Standards for Building Construction
- Building Code Amendment 2012
- Building Inspection Requirements in Order
- Code of Charles County Maryland - Chapter 297 (Zoning Ordinance)
- Electrical Board Rules and Regulations
- Substantial Packet with Guarantee Form
- Building Code Amendment 2010
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: All publications located within the Planning and Growth Management section of the web site are believed to be accurate as of their posting date. However, they may not be accurate on the day you view them. To verify whether these documents are the most current official document, please contact the division associated with the document in question.