Detailed watershed assessments for the 10 major watersheds in Charles County were initiated in summer 2014. The goals of the assessments are to:
- Determine current water quality conditions;
- Include the results of a visual watershed inspection;
- Identify and rank water quality problems;
- Prioritize all structural and nonstructural water quality improvements;
- Specify pollutant load reduction benchmarks and deadlines that demonstrate progress toward meeting all applicable stormwater wasteload allocations (WLAs).
Charles County is holding a 30-day public comment period on the following plans, which extends through June 9, 2016. Comments may be sent by mail to Charles County Department of Planning and Growth Management, Planning Division, P.O. Box 2150, La Plata, MD 20646, Attn: Karen Wiggen; or by e-mail to WiggenK@CharlesCountyMD.Gov. For alternatives to reviewing the plans online, or further information, please contact Karen Wiggen at (301)-645-0683 or by e-mail at WiggenK@CharlesCountyMD.Gov.
The watershed assessments will allow the County to identify and prioritize watershed restoration projects and target pollutant sources for load reduction.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: All publications located within the Planning and Growth Management section of the web site are believed to be accurate as of their posting date. However, they may not be accurate on the day you view them. To verify whether these documents are the most current official document, please contact the division associated with the document in question.