Charles County, Maryland

Watershed TMDL (Total Maximum Daily Load) Restoration Plan

Watershed TMDL (Total Maximum Daily Load) Restoration Plan

The Watershed Assessments for each County watershed that were initiated in 2014 will be used to develop restoration plans.  The restoration plans will combine all the projects from the assessment studies and prioritize projects for implementation to meet TMDLs within the County. 

Annual TMDL assessment reports are required to be submitted to MDE which will be used to evaluate the effectiveness of the County’s restoration plans.  Specifically the assessment reports will show:

  • Estimate changes in pollutant load reductions from water quality improvement projects;
  • Compare net change in pollutant load reductions with established benchmarks;
  • Itemize costs of completed projects and programs;
  • Provide cost estimates for completing projects and alternatives for meeting stormwater WLAs;
  • Describe a plan for implementing additional watershed restoration actions.

Watershed restoration projects that the County identifies, implements and monitors are integral to achieving water quality improvements.

Charles County is holding a 30-day public comment period on the following plans, which extends through June 9, 2016.  Comments may be sent by mail to Charles County Department of Planning and Growth Management, Planning Division, P.O. Box 2150, La Plata, MD 20646, Attn: Karen Wiggen; or by e-mail to WiggenK@CharlesCountyMD.Gov.  For alternatives to reviewing the plans online, or further information, please contact Karen Wiggen at (301)-645-0683 or by e-mail at WiggenK@CharlesCountyMD.Gov.  

Charles County Municipal Stormwater Restoration Plan  (FINAL) (posted 7/07/2016)

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE:  All publications located within the Planning and Growth Management section of the web site are believed to be accurate as of their posting date. However, they may not be accurate on the day you view them. To verify whether these documents are the most current official document, please contact the division associated with the document in question.