The Charles County Sanitary Landfill opened for operation in July 1994 and averages approximately 11,000 transactions per month. Curbside trash collection is contracted on an individual basis in Charles County. If you belong to a Homeowners' Association (HOA), trash collection may be included in your HOA fees.
- All waste and recycling must be from Charles County. Please have proof of residency available upon entry.
- Commercial haulers are subject to commercial/bulk fees and must weigh in and weigh out at the scale house. Commercial/Bulk fees will be assessed to any vehicle;
- displaying a business name, sign, logo, or lettering
- weighing over 10,000 pounds
- equipped with stake body, utility body, side boards, ladder racks, or cargo body van
- Dump trailer
- All commercial vehicles and vehicles towing trailers must have tow hooks to use the Landfill. In the unlikely event, your vehicle becomes stuck, it is the responsibility of the driver to attach the cable to their tow hooks so we can assist in pulling your vehicle out. Having off-road tires in good condition is also a preemptive measure to not getting stuck at the landfill.
- Piney Church Road Mulch Facility
- Recycling Waste Wizard (Online search feature for recycling and waste disposal questions)
- Unacceptable Items: Out-of-County refuse, commercial loads of demolition debris, asbestos, hazardous chemicals, dead animals, gas cylinders, ashes, and liquids.
Patrons are reminded to obey vehicle covering laws, posted speed limits, and the traffic signals stationed at both the inbound and outbound scales. Children must remain in vehicles at all times throughout the landfill, including at the recycling center.