Charles County encourages residents/businesses to help combat littering by “adopting” a County* road. Volunteers receive sign recognition in exchange for cleaning their road at least three (3) times in a calendar year (cleaning must be reported for credit). Gloves and bags are provided free of charge as well as trash disposal (upon notification). Safety vests and caution signs are also available upon request.
The Adopt-A-Road Program:
- Helps to keep Charles County cleaner and healthier
- Saves taxpayer dollars
- Promotes local community involvement
- Promotes civic responsibility and pride
- Provides recognition for individuals, organizations, and companies
- Allows you to honor a loved one
- Is great advertisement for businesses
*Please note that roads which have a number assessed to them (Route 301, Route 5, Route 6, Route 425, etc.) are maintained by the State Highway Administration, whose local office can be contacted by calling 301-934-8031.
For additional information, please review our Adopt-A-Road Forms and Agreements.