CHARLES COUNTY RECYCLES!
- Complete Listing of All Streets (Changes will begin in July 2014)
- Listing of Collection Day Changes Only (Changes will begin in July 2014)
Charles County's curbside recycling collection program accepts the following items:
Single Stream Materials Accepted Curbside
Every-Other-Week • Year-Round
- Aluminum and Tin Cans
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Plastic Bottles and Jugs (lids and labels are fine)
- Newspapers, White Papers, Magazines, Glossy Inserts, Telephone Books, and Flattened Cardboard. (Flattened cardboard must be no larger than 4 feet by 4 feet.)
All items can be mixed together. Overflow should be placed in large CLEAR plastic bags.
Items not accepted include: formed boxes, Styrofoam, plastic bags, toys, diapers, light bulbs, ceramics, electronics, paint cans, and trash. Contaminated oil and antifreeze containers are not recyclable. No black or white trash bags (Driver must be able to verify contents of bag is recyclable). Recycling will not be collected from recycling bins.
Yard Waste Materials Accepted Curbside
Weekly • April through December
- Grass, leaves, bundled brush and branches
Place materials in paper yard waste bags or in trash cans that have handles and are marked with a large “X” facing the street. The maximum weight per container is 50 pounds. Branches cannot exceed 4 feet in length or 6 inches in diameter.
Items not accepted include: loose branches and brush, plastic bags, dirt, rocks, sod, and trash. Yard waste that exceeds 50 pounds, 4 feet in length, or 6 inches in diameter is not accepted curbside. Yard Waste placed inside of a recycling cart will not be collected.
- Day of Service Search Feature (Use to determine your collection day and your next collection date)
- Every-Other-Week Calendar (Jul - Dec 2014)
- Recycling Cart Page