CHARLES COUNTY RECYCLES!
Click Here to take the Charles County Recycling Survey!
- Recycling Day Search (Use to determine your collection day and your next date of collection)
- Every-Other-Week Calendar (Jul - Dec 2014)
- Report a single stream recycling miss
- Report a yard waste miss
- Curbside Recycling Collection Map (Effective October 2014)
- Recycling Cart Postcard (Includes Acceptable Items and Program Details)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2014 Curbside Recycling Expansion Listing
Single Stream Materials Accepted Curbside
Every-Other-Week • Year-Round
- Aluminum and Tin Cans
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Plastic Bottles and Jugs (lids and labels are fine)
- Newspaper, White Paper, Magazine, Glossy Inserts, Telephone Books, Books, and Flattened Cardboard. (Flattened cardboard must be no larger than 4 feet by 4 feet.)
All items can be mixed together. Overflow should be placed in large CLEAR plastic bags.
Items not accepted include: formed boxes, Styrofoam, plastic bags, toys, diapers, light bulbs, ceramics, electronics, paint cans, and trash. Contaminated oil and antifreeze containers are not recyclable. No black or white trash bags (Driver must be able to verify contents of bag is recyclable). Recycling will not be collected from recycling bins.
Yard Waste Materials Accepted Curbside
Weekly • April through December
- Grass, leaves, bundled brush and branches.
Place materials in paper yard waste bags or in trash cans that have handles and are marked with large “X” facing the street. The maximum weight per container is 50 pounds. Branches cannot exceed 4 feet in length or 6 inches in diameter.
Items not accepted include: loose branches and brush, plastic bags, dirt, rocks, sod, and trash. Yard waste that exceeds 50 pounds, 4 feet in length, or 6 inches in diameter is not accepted curbside. Yard Waste placed inside of a recycling cart will not be collected.