CHARLES COUNTY RECYCLES
Funded through Charles County's annual environmental service fee, our residential recycling program consists of four Recycling Centers, one 24-Hour Recycling Drop-off Site, and eight 24-Hour Used Motor Oil and Antifreeze Collection Sites. In addition to these facilities, Curbside Recycling Collection is provided to approximately 35,612 homes located in the more densely populated areas of the county with expansions occurring as often as possible. State mandated to recycle 20% of its waste stream, in 2011 Charles County achieved a 53% recycling rate and a 5% source reduction credit equaling a total waste diversion rate of 58%.
In those areas that receive curbside recycling service, single stream recycling materials are collected year-round on an every-other-week basis, and yard waste materials are collected weekly by a separate truck, April through December. All materials must be placed curbside by 7:00 a.m. to ensure pick-up. Please view our Curbside Recycling Schedule to determine if your neighborhood/area receives curbside recycling service and for additional information regarding Charles County's recycling programs. (Expansion areas added after the printing of each new Curbside Recycling Schedule will be reflected in the next schedule.)
A Recycling Information Hotline is available at 301-932-5656. This number can be utilized to obtain yard waste stickers, and/or report curbside misses.
***The curbside recycling program is converting to wheeled carts. Delivery of 95 gallon carts will begin October 7th and continue through November.
For more information, please visit; www.CharlesCountyMD.gov/RecyclingCart