10:00 A.M. Temporary Alcoholic Beverages Licenses and Other 1-day requests
1. Kevin Kling, Line-X Effects, LLC, t/a Huntt's Corner Tavern, 6520 Bensville Road, Pomfret, MD 20675, for a 1-day special exception to allow their patrons to consume alcoholic beverages in a defined area outside on August 10, 2013 from 1-11:30 p.m. for a Wounded Warrior fundraiser as defined in their written request.
10:15 A.M. New Licenses and Transfer Applications
1. Thomas Avallone, Todd Chase, Mary Kathryn Faber, BUCA (SPGGROUP), LLC, a Florida limited liability company, t/a Buca Di Beppo – St. Charles, St. Charles Towne Center, 11110 Mall Circle, Room G01A, Waldorf, Maryland 20603, for a new Class B – Beer, Wine & Liquor (on sale only) BLX Luxury Restaurant alcoholic beverage license.
2. James William Day, Graham Michael Day, Red Oak Bistro, LLC, t/a Red Oak Bistro, 6390 Crain Highway, La Plata, MD 20646, for a new Class B – Beer, Wine & Liquor (on sale only) alcoholic beverage license.
3. Louis J. Cooper, Kitt Harrison, Joel P. Taylor, American Legion Post 170, Randolph Furey Post # 170, 4345 Livingston Road, Indian Head, Maryland 20640, for a reclassification of their Class D – Beer, Wine & Liquor (on/off sale) alcoholic beverage license to a Class C – Beer, Wine & Liquor (on sale only) Non-Profit Club alcoholic beverage license.
10:30 A.M. Show Cause Orders
1. Show Cause in the Matter of the a Class B – Beer, Wine & Liquor (on sale only) BLX Luxury Restaurant alcoholic beverage license issued to Melissa Gibson, Brian Lutton, Potomac Family Dining Group Operating Company, LLC, t/a Applebee’s – Waldorf, 3610 Crain Highway, Waldorf, Maryland 20602.
2. Show Cause in the Matter of the Class D – Beer, Wine & Liquor (on/off sale) alcoholic beverage license issued to Chong Yi Chen, Dongxing Chen, 228 Liquors Limited Liability Company, t/a Bunker Hill Inn, 9800 Bunker Hill Road, Waldorf, Maryland 20603.
3. Show Cause in the Matter of the Class B – Beer, Wine & Liquor (on sale only) alcoholic beverage license issued to Sutasinee C. Thana, Michael J. Lohman, Thai Seafood & Grill, Inc., t/a Thai Palace, 2732 Crain Highway, Waldorf, Maryland 20601. CHARGES CONTESTED – Hearing scheduled for August 8, 2013.
10:45 A.M. Other Business*
1. Port Tobacco Restaurant, e-mail request from Dina Stockwell, Event Coordinator, for a “small beer and wine bar (8 ft. table) on the upper deck, directly out the door of the restaurant, under the roof. We will need this bar from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m.” on August 8th for Port Tobacco River Conservancy’s Annual Fundraiser.
2. Beverly A. Howe, Howe, LLC, t/a Ape Hanger’s Bar and Grill, 9100 Crain Highway, Bel Alton, MD 20611, follow-up meeting to amend their OPEN AIR EXCEPTION Consent Order to allow for outside live entertainment from April 1 through October 31 each year. Ed Myer, Esq.
3. Compliance Report
* PORTIONS OF THIS MEETING MAY BE IN CLOSED SESSION