April 16, 2014 Minutes
John San Luis
4:13 PM Meeting brought to order by Willie Zapata
License Counts as of this month are:
Masters license: 1656
- General- 1297: 659 Active, 3 Deceased, 588 Expired and 50 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 163: 94 Active, 0 Deceased, 64 Expired and 5 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 196.
Journeyman license: 1855
- 719 Active, 2 Deceased and 1134 Expired.
- 140 with no active licenses.
- Approval of March 2014 meeting minutes. All in favor. None opposed.
- Exams administered in March results: Ten (10) Journeyman- none passing; Three (3) Master- none passing
Sue provided letters to each examinee advising they were unable to obtain the passing grade required.
- Kenneth Muschette- Master 1613: His request in reference to Master Renewal application requirement that license is to appear on all company vehicles. He questioned it being a requirement by the State Board. Willie Zapata to locate State requirement in writing. Sue to contact DLLR.
- Determination of how to enforce “Split Bus Panels” was discussed per request from Code Enforcement Officer, Don Litten. It was the Boards determination to meet the minimum code requirements (408.36 /exception 3). Willie Zapata is to provide letter for Sue to give to Don Litten with result of discussion.
- Discussion of legislation pertaining to Phasing out of Local Licensing. Frank Ward and Adam Storch represented Charles County Government at State House hearing. Frank provided copy of the Final Task Report and gave clarification as to how it may affect the Masters, the Electrical Board and CPIS/ Permits. This did not pass at General Assembly level of the court system.
- Board Members reminded to provide Financial Disclosure form to CAO.
- Discussion of CEU’s and if we should implement 2016-2018 renewal cycle. Who would determine what acceptable education credits for Master Electrician license are?
- Homeowner’s exam is a work in progress. Willie Zapata and John San Luis to provide at May 2014 meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 4:50 PM.