April 18, 2018 Minutes
PGM #1, Charles County Government Building
- Approval of March 2018 drafted meeting minutes. Willie Zapata motioned to approve meeting minutes as written. Seconded by Thomas Wathen. All in favor. None opposed.
- Board member update: Don Litten has been assigned to be the Representative for Charles County Government to replace Reed Faasen. Welcome Don!
- Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
- No current updates.
- Rules and Regulations sections 4-16 were discussed and reviewed March 21, 2018. The draft has not yet been provided. The Rules and Regulations document will stand as written until all revisions are updated and approved.
- Journeymen exams graded from March 21, 2018. The following will be provided licenses:
- Noble Oliver IV
- Russell Phillips
- Andrew Winslow
- Master exams graded from the March 21, 2018. There was not a passing grade to provide a license.
- Discussion of examination procedures and documents were discussed and reviewed. Thomas Wathen motioned to add to our Rules and Regulations that any provided examinations will be graded at the following Board meeting or another date designate by the Board and will not leave the examination site. The Secretary will secure provided examinations and provide at following meeting or other date designated. Willie Zapata seconded the motion. All were in favor. None opposed.
- Sue to revise #5 on notice provided to approved examinees to state:
- “Cell phone use is prohibited. Please do not bring them into the building. If you bring any cell phone into the building it will be surrendered to the Exam Proctors and or Board members during the examination.”
- Decision of the Board to change the May 16, 2018 meeting to May 23, 2018 at 4PM.
- Don Litten advised Charles County will be following Maryland State in adopting the NEC 2017 in 2019 for enforcement and inspection. Please note: The Board will be providing examinations on the NEC 2017 starting in September 2018 per MUELEC. Motion was made by Willie Zapata to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Thomas Wathen. All in favor. None opposed.
- Next meeting will be May 23, 2018.