April 19, 2017 Agenda
PGM #1 Conference Room
Charles County Government Building
- Approval of March 2017 drafted meeting minutes.
- Board member updates.
- Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
- This was provided to us from MUELEC in December 2016: PLEASE NOTE: After receiving some additional comments of concern regarding the proposals to the Electric Law of Maryland after our last MUELEC meeting on November 16, 2016, it has been decided to table all proposed legislation for the upcoming legislative session and continue to work on concepts prior to getting a bill writer involved.
- Provided to Board the “Introduction and Proposed Changes” from MUELEC.
- Concerns regarding proposed legislation to the General Assembly on February 10, 2017 by Delegate Hornberger. We were informed MUELEC was unaware of this action until after it had taken place. Copy provided to Board members.
- We have received updated information (03/03/2017) from MUELEC.
- This Board will continue to monitor the situation and maintain contact with MUELEC.
- Journeyman (20) were approved with (18) provided (2) no show. After the exams were graded (2) received passing grades and (18) failures.
- Master (1) was approved and provided. Exam was graded and did not receive a passing grade.
- Homeowners Electrical Permit exam (Joshua Thomas) to be graded.
- Thomas Gagnon and Jorge Silva Delgado to review failed March 2017 Journeyman exams.
Licensing Counts as of this month are as follows:
Master: 1827 with 583 active.
General: 1458 with 502 active.
Restricted: 183 with 81 active.
(186 expired with no listing of type)
Journeyman: 1869 with 601 active.
Homeowner: 146 with None active
Please note Agenda is subject to change.
Next meeting will be May 17, 2017.