August 21, 2013 Agenda
1. License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1617
General- 1258: 608 Active, 3 Deceased, 597 Expired and 50 Inactive.
Restricted Master- 160: 88 Active, 0 Deceased, 66 Expired and 6 Inactive.
Expired without license type listed: 200
Journeyman license: 1852
743 Active, 2 Deceased and 1107 Expired.
Homeowner’s Permit: 140 with no active licenses.
2. Approval of July 2013 meeting minutes
3. Rules and Regulations to be updated.
4. Electric League News and Notes makes reference to House Bill 270 passed. This legislation will require electrical and plumbing inspectors to be licensed masters of their trade and other inspectors to be certified by the ICC of the NABCEP if they are combination inspectors.
5. Michael Knodle – Journeyman exam application to be reviewed.
6. Discussion to clarify any questions or concerns of one representation of Master licenses.
7. The Board has determined HVAC contractors will need an HVAC Restricted Electricians license to do installation. Has there been any progress made on this license request? Per Don Litten this will be an issue dealt with as soon as the new Building Codes are approved and adopted by the Commissioners.
8. Certified Letters sent to five (5) Journeyman renewal applicants with concerns they may be acting as contractors to attend meeting for clarification and/ or revocation of license. Hearings to start at 3 PM.
• 3:00 PM Jose Alvaro Romero
• 3:30 PM Kevin Cox
• 4:00 PM Bertram Brown
• 4:30 PM Luis Beneitez
• 5:00 PM Jerrold Janschek