b. Group Me Account-M. Somerville - Helen Ozah Mayer needs to be added.
c. A single place to store CCCW documents-R. Scott -R. Scott set up ZoHo account and will give a tutorial during the March 24, 2018 retreat. He has started posting items.
d. Approval of fundraising ideas (two submitted by R. Scott and T-shirt sale) - Tabled for the February CCCW meeting.
e. S. Spencer is still waiting on Committee reports from the retreat. She will follow up with Committee Chairs.
3. Bylaw Revisions: M. Somerville distributed the draft bylaw revisions. The CCCW review and made a few suggested changes. S. Swinson made a motion and J. Owens-Mc Swain second that the draft bylaws with the noted corrections be approved. Motion carried of those present.
4. Budget: Chair, M. Somerville worked on the budget and presented the CCCW with a draft. The draft was reviewed and some suggested changes were made. A. Owens made a motion and R. Wilson second that the 2018 budget be approved with the noted corrections. Motion carried by those present.
5. Annual Report: R. Scott has prepare a draft CCCW 2017 Annual Report with the limited resources that he was given. He requests all Committee reports by November 30, 2017 but did not receive any. He asked again for all Committee reports by January 19, 2018. R. Scott made a suggestion to add debriefing of events to the agenda, so that all events will be reflected in the minutes. The idea was welcomed by all.
6. Sub-Committees: broke out for a brief meeting and to select Committee Chairs.
a. Advocacy: Chair-H. Ozah Mayer
b. Youth: To Be Determined
c. Homelessness: Chair- R. Wilson
d. W.E. Matters: Chair-F. Dixon. Also, R. Scott, who was not at the December meeting everyone signed up for a sub-committee selected W.E. Matters
1. Chair, M. Somerville discussed the role of the Committee Chairs, especially that the chairs will debrief all CWWW during their Committee Reports each meeting.
2. R. Wilson announced the Charles County Sheriff’s Office and Department of Homeland Security Blue Campaign and Human Trafficking Awareness Event to be held on Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 7:00
pm-9:00 pm at the Hilton Garden Inn in Waldorf.
3. R. Wilson also announced “Purses for a Purpose” as an event the Homeless Committee is having.
4. The Town of Indian Head Parks and Recreation will be hosting a Girls STEAM Empowerment Summit on February 24, 2018 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Town of Indian Head Village Green Pavilion.
5. The CCCW will have two retreats in 2018, one of which is scheduled for Saturday, March 24, 2018
6. The CCCW’s MLAW vote was submitted and copies provided for all CCCW members.Chair thanked guest for attending. A. Owens made a motion and S. Swinson second that the meeting adjourn at8:47 p.m. Motion carried by all who were present.Respectfully Submitted by:Sandra Swinson, Secretary, Charles County Commission for WomenApproved 03/13/2018