Commission on Individuals with
Serving the Citizens of Charles County with Disabilities
Providing disability information and resources for all.
Brochure provided courtesy of:
CHARLES COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O. Box 2150 | 200 Baltimore Street | La Plata, MD 20646
301.645.0550 | 301.870.3000 | 1.877.807.8790
www.CharlesCountyMD.gov • Equal Opportunity County
Commission on Individuals with Disabilities
The goal of the Commission on Individuals with Disabilities (CIWD) is to provide the Charles County Board of Commissioners with advice, information, and assistance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to increase social acceptance, and ensure full participation of individuals with disabilities in the many facets of County life.
- Expand educational and employment opportunities.
- Increase participation in recreational, social, and cultural activities.
- Address transportation needs.
- Develop a program of public education to foster positive attitudes.
- Collaborate with local government and businesses regarding disability related issues including the ADA.
- Provide an annual report to the Board of Commissioners and citizens of Charles County.
- Provide the Board of Commissioners with advice, information, and assistance with the ADA.
- Increase social acceptance.
- Ensure full participation of individuals with disabilities in the many facets of Charles County life.
The CIWD meets the third Monday of every month at the Charles County Governmental Building in La Plata, Maryland. Meetings are open to all citizens of Charles County. Please contact the chairperson to verify meeting dates and times as they are subject to change.
If you are interested in joining the CIWD, please contact the Chairperson for more information.