February 15, 2017 Agenda
PGM Conference Room #1
Charles County Government Building
- Approval of January 2017 drafted meeting minutes.
- Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
- This was provided to us from MUELEC in December 2016: PLEASE NOTE: After receiving some additional comments of concern regarding the proposals to the Electric Law of Maryland after our last MUELEC meeting on November 16, 2016, it has been decided to table all proposed legislation for the upcoming legislative session and continue to work on concepts prior to getting a bill writer involved.
- Provided to Board the “Introduction and Proposed Changes” from MUELEC.
- Concerns regarding proposed legislation to the General Assembly on February 10, 2017 by Delegate Hornberger. We were informed MUELEC was unaware of this action until after it had taken place. Copy provided to Board members.
- John Zanelotti to provide (3) drafted exams for March 2017.
- Planchek provided an advertisement for a “Zinc Grounding Connector” that is now available to the public. If there any questions or concerns they can be addressed at the March 2017 meeting.
- Journeyman exam applications for review:
- James Reed
- Hansel Roa
- Robert Tabor
- James Ryan
- Will attend to view failed Journeyman exams:
- Jorge Silva Delgado
- Francis Butler
- Westley Brengle – Expired Master #813 has requested we reinstate his (2014) expired Master license without examination. He has allowed all of his Maryland Master licenses to expire.
- March 2017 exams approved :
- 10 Journeyman
- 1 Master
- A copy of our 2016 Accomplishments, Tasks and Goal to provide to the Commissioners will be provided.
- 2017-2019 Journeyman renewal application to be reviewed.
- Complaint from DLLLR- work done without Electrical license or permit.
- MUELEC Annual Membership 2017 have been paid.
Licensing Counts as of this month are as follows:
Master: 1824 with 578 active.
General: 1455 with 497 active.
Restricted: 183 with 81 active.
(186 expired with no listing of type)
Journeyman: 1868 with 600 active.
Homeowner: 146 with None active
Please note Agenda is subject to change.
Next meeting will be March 15, 2017. This is an examination meeting.