February 19, 2014 Minutes
- Willie Zapata
- Frank Ward
- Jim Blanche
- John Zanelotti
- Sue Cecil
- John San Luis
Meeting brought to order by Willie Zapata at 4:12 PM.
License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1649
- General- 1291: 647 Active, 3 Deceased, 589 Expired and 52 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 162: 93 Active, 0 Deceased, 64 Expired and 5 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 196.
Journeyman license: 1855
- 719 Active, 2 Deceased and 1134 Expired.
Homeowner’s permit: 140 with no active licenses.
- Approval of January meeting minutes. All in favor. None opposed.
- John San Luis has been appointed by the Commissioners as the replacement for Jim Blanche, Representative General Public. Mr. Blanche’s service expired December 2013 as he has provided the maximum of service years allowed.
- Homeowner’s exam needs to be revised per our November 2013 meeting. It was determined that the exam would be changed to only pertain to residential work and be twenty (20) questions. Willie to provide.
- Two (2) Master exam applications approved.
- Roy Kline
- Juan Sanchez
- Two (2) Journeyman were to attend meeting to view failed exams.
- Christopher Hott- no show
- Nicholas Janschek- viewed his exam.
- Frank discussed proposed State legislation with regards to Board of Electricians- Licensing and Regulation of Electricians- Phase Out of Local Licenses. Frank will draft a letter for Board’s review. It was decided this letter should be sent to County Commissioners and County Administrator for their direction on this matter.
Meeting adjourned at 5:45 PM.