February 21, 2018 Minutes
PGM Conference Room #1
Charles County Government Building
John Zanelotti, Chairman
John San Luis, Vice Chairman
Sandra Fitzgerald, Assoc County Attorney
Susan Cecil, Secretary
- Approval of January 2018 drafted meeting minutes.
Willie Zapata motioned to approve meeting minutes as written.Seconded by Thomas Wathen. All in favor. None opposed.
- Board member update: Reed Faasen has been assigned to be the Representative for Charles County Government to replace Frank Ward. Welcome Reed!
- Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
- John Zanelotti attended the MUELEC meeting, February 21, 2018, representing Charles County. The 2014 exam book was exchanged for 2017 examination book. MD State and all counties to begin testing on this 2017 exam book as of June 2018.
- Master renewal for 2018-2020: Board reviewed and approved updated renewal application to be sent out in March 2018. Attachment also to be sent out stating as of 2020-2022 application CCEB will also be enforcing requirement of 10 CEU’s as required by MD State, DLLR 09.09.02.00. Thomas Wathen motioned to approve required Ten (10) CEU’s beginning 2020-2022 renewal cycle. Seconded by Willie Zapata. All in favor. None opposed.
- The Board began a review of the Rules and Regulations. The Rules and Regulations document will stand as written until any and all revisions are updated and approved. NO updates were worked on at this meeting.
- Journeymen exam applications approved at this meeting for the March exam :
- Russell Phillips- Willie Zapata
- Noble Oliver IV- John San Luis
- Andrew Winslow- Willie Zapata
- John Phillips- Willie Zapata
- Andrew Tackish- John San Luis
- Discussion of providing “off date examinations” was reviewed as was requested by Master applicant. It was determined there will not be any “off date exams” provided by CCEB. Reed Faasen motioned to deny any and all requests for “off date exams” provide by CCEB.Seconded by Thomas Wathen.All in favor.None opposed.
Motion made by Thomas Wathen to adjourn the meeting at 5:30 PM. Seconded by Willie Zapata. All in favor. None opposed.
Next meeting will be March 21, 2018. Please note this is an examination date.