February 26, 2019 Meeting Minutes
Board of Electrical Examiners and Supervisors of Charles County
January 16, 2019
PGM Conference Room 1
Charles County Government Building
John Zanelotti, Chairman
John San Luis, Vice Chairman
Willie Zapata - Absent
Sue Cecil, Secretary
Sandra Fitzgerald, Associate County Attorney
Approval of January 2019 drafted meeting minutes. Thomas Wathen motioned to approve meeting minutes as written.Seconded by John San Luis. All in favor. None opposed.
1. Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee: Two new bills have been drafted by Delegate Kevin Horngberger that could drastically change the existing licensing process, enforcement procedures, and management of the electrical industry of Maryland per MUELEC.We were provided with notice written by the Executive Secretary (Gilbert Thompson) stating MUELEC would be opposed to this newly drafted legislation. Sue to provide most recent House Bill drafts and cover letters to Board members.
2. Discussion of revising the Homeowner’s Permit exam. John Zanelotti provided exam for via email to Secretary.
3. Due to “Energov” program, the renewal process has been altered and we will be mailing out a notice to each Active Journeyman. The notice will be asking for an email address to be sent to our email@example.com address. Once provided, Sue will provide the instructions to process, renew and update their license once the email is entered the CSS Portal. The notices should be mailed out in March 2019.
4. Journey applications reviewed:
Brady Kiser- approved by John San LuisT
Thomas Spencer- approved by Thomas Wathen
Robby Lasher- not approved due to insufficient hours.
5. Discussion of Rules and Regulations, Section 10(e), Restoration of Expired licenses section.
Motion was made by Thomas Wathen to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by John San Luis. All in favor. None opposed.
Next meeting will be March 20, 2019. This is an examination date.