January 16, 2013 Minutes
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Gregg Taylor
- Brad Pelzer
- Sue Cecil
- Willie Zapata
- Approval of November 2012 meeting minutes.
- License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1577
- General- 1238: 555 Active, 3 Deceased, 625 Expired and 55 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 155: 80 Active, 0 Deceased, 69 Expired and 6 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 200.
Journeyman license: 1849
- 895 Active, 2 Deceased and 952 Expired.
Homeowner’s permit: 140 with no active licenses.
- Rules and Regulations pertaining to the renewal of expired licenses (Master General, Master Restricted and Journeymen) were discussed in April. Board to update this and other areas of concern of the rules and regulations prior to submitting changes to Commissioners for approval. Wording changed as fees are subject to change each July 1. Request to be sent will include the request of: Maximum option to be considered for renewals exceeding one cycle: Double the current reinstatement and renewal fees.
- The Board has determined HVAC contractors will need an HVAC Restricted Electricians license to do installation. Has there been any progress made on this license request? Sue tried to locate any information from prior years that was questioned to exist and has been unable to locate any information. Sue was able to locate previous exam from much older building code and gave this document to Brad. We would like to provide a LV/ABL/HVAC licenses and examinations. HOLD FOR BRAD AND DON.
- There were changes made to be considered for the Rules and Regulations.
- Troy Marshall – application for Journeyman exam approved.
- Interview and Criteria/Expectation questions were established for further changes in Board members.
- Journeyman application and license certificate reviewed and approved for 2013-2015.
- Resume and applications were reviewed to be considered for interviews.