January 18, 2017 Minutes
PGM Conference Room #1
Charles County Government Building
|Members:||Visitors from Planchek:|
|John Zanelotti, Chairman|
John San Luis, Vice Chairman
Willie Zapata- excused
Susan Cecil, Secretary
|Brad Pelczar |
- Approval of November 2016 meeting minutes. Frank Ward motioned to approve meeting minutes as written with attachment. Seconded by Tom Wathen. All in favor. None opposed.
- Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
- This was provided to us from MUELEC in December 2016: PLEASE NOTE: After receiving some additional comments of concern regarding the proposals to the Electric Law of Maryland after our last MUELEC meeting on November 16, 2016, it has been decided to table all proposed legislation for the upcoming legislative session and continue to work on concepts prior to getting a bill writer involved.
- Two Journeyman applications were approved for the March 2017 exam.
- Jason White
- Darrick Stancil
- Planchek requested to attend this meeting with their staff. MDIA was advised of the request and did not attend. There was discussion of Residential smoke alarms and detectors and changing technology. Documents were provided.
- John Zanelotti to provide drafted exams for March 2017 at the February 15 meeting.
- Two Journeyman exam applicants requested to attend this meeting to view failed exams.
- Bernard Ashe – attended and reviewed his exam
- Francis Butler- no show.
- Dave Rose spoke with the Board on Inspection issues.
Motion made by Frank Ward to adjourn the meeting at 5:10 PM. Seconded by Tom Wathen.
All in favor. None opposed.
Next meeting will be February 15, 2017 at 4 PM.