June 19, 2013 Minutes
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- Gregg Taylor
- Brad Pelczar
- Sue Cecil
- Willie Zapata
- Jim Blanche
- Bill Lawman
- License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1607
- General- 1251: 597 Active, 3 Deceased, 606 Expired and 51 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 156: 84 Active, 0 Deceased, 66 Expired and 6 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 200.
Journeyman license: 1853
- 899 Active, 2 Deceased and 952 Expired.
Homeowner’s permit: 140 with no active licenses.
- Rules and Regulations pertaining to the renewal of expired licenses (Master General, Master Restricted and Journeymen) were discussed. Board to update this and other areas of concern of the rules and regulations prior to submitting changes to Commissioners for approval. Wording changed as fees are subject to change each July 1. Request to be sent will include the request of: Maximum option to be considered for renewals exceeding one cycle: Double the current reinstatement and renewal fees. This has not yet been forwarded to the Commissioners for approval.
- The Board has determined HVAC contractors will need an HVAC Restricted Electricians license to do installation. Has there been any progress made on this license request? Per Don Litten this will be an issue dealt with as soon as the new building codes are approved and adopted by the Commissioners.
- Approval of one (1) exam applicant.
- Letter of Recommendation was written and provided to the County Commissioners of the Board’s decision on terms of Board Members. To be determined when information is provided by the County Attorney’s office.
- Low Voltage exam was discussed and will need to be provided prior to the September exam.
- Recommended to review Rules and Regulations section stating each Master may represent one company by name or individual licensed name not both. One license one representation. Request for clarification and determination of ability to hire CC Master for specific job listing prompted this change. Sue to find wording in Maryland Law.
- License listing report sent out in June to all Board members. Board to discuss any concerns or note any corrections to be made.