June 21, 2017
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
PGM Conference Room #1
- Approval of April 2017 drafted meeting minutes.
- May meeting had to be cancelled due to lack of quorum.
- Board member updates. Frank Ward’s replacement has not been named.
- Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
- This was provided to us from MUELEC in December 2016: PLEASE NOTE: After receiving some additional comments of concern regarding the proposals to the Electric Law of Maryland after our last MUELEC meeting on November 16, 2016, it has been decided to table all proposed legislation for the upcoming legislative session and continue to work on concepts prior to getting a bill writer involved.
- Provided to Board the “Introduction and Proposed Changes” from MUELEC.
- Concerns regarding proposed legislation to the General Assembly on February 10, 2017 by Delegate Hornberger. We were informed MUELEC was unaware of this action until after it had taken place. Copy provided to Board members.
- We have received updated information (03/03/2017) from MUELEC.
- This Board will continue to monitor the situation and maintain contact with MUELEC.
- MUELEC meeting 05/17/2017. John Zanelotti attended and his notes are attached.
- Two Journeyman exams to be reviewed:
- Darrick Stancil
- Jason White
- As of June 19, 2017, 294 Journeyman licenses have been renewed for the 2017-2019 term. The deadline for renewal is June 30, 2017. Please note per our Rules and Regulations there is a 90 day grace period to renew without examination or reciprocation. If renewal is provided between July 1 and September 29 there will be a reinstatement fee charged with the renewal fee.
Total fee prior to July 1: $111.28
Total fee between July 1 and September 29: $222.56.
Note: Fees are subject to change July 1 per Charles County Fiscal Services.
Licensing Counts as of this month are as follows:
Master: 1842 with 623 active.
General: 1473 with 540 active.
Restricted: 184 with 83 active.
(186 expired with no listing of type)
Journeyman: 1871 with 603 active.
Homeowner: 147 with 1 active.
Please note Agenda is subject to change.
Next meeting will be July 19, 2017.