March 16, 2016 Minutes
|Bill Lawman||John San Luis|
|Willie Zapata||John Zanelotti|
|Frank Ward||Sue Cecil, Secretary|
|Brad Pelczar, Planchek||Paul Hamby, Planchek|
Meeting brought to Order by John Zanelotti at 4:40 PM
- Approval of February 2016 Meeting Minutes. Bill Lawman motion to approve. Seconded by Frank Ward.
- Master renewal applications for 2016-2018 were mailed out (782) the first week of March.
- Provided Willie Zapata with existing Homeowners exam. He will work on updating reflecting any changes with NEC 2014.
- Exams provided for:
Gerald Cook- called to reschedule
Kevin Best- no show
Robert Sale Jr
4. Pertaining to our concerns with State Electrical Legislative Committee; no updated provided at this time. We will continue to keep this concern on our agenda.
5. Paul Hamby and Brad Pelczar representing Planchek attended our meeting to discuss issues and concerns with solar panel installation and inspections. Please see attachment for notes.
Meeting ended at 8:15PM
Next meeting: April 20, 2016
Good morning Sue,
I want to first convey our gratitude to the Board of Electrical Examiners for allowing Planchek to sit in on part of their meeting last night and for providing us the opportunity to speak with them regarding the PV Array Inspection process. I hope that we were able to answer all of their questions.
I also want to thank them for taking the time to provide Planchek with their interpretation of the new requirement from the 2014 National Electrical Code regarding the AFCI and GFCI protection for new dishwasher installations.
As requested I want to provide what both Inspector Hamby and myself understood to be the interpretation from the Board.
It is our understanding that the proper installation of the required AFCI and GFCI protection shall be by means of a combination circuit breaker installed at the load center for the dwelling. The provisions to place a GFCI protection device at the equipment (dishwasher) and an AFCI circuit breaker at the load center is not the intent of the 2014 National Electrical Code.
Could you confirm that our understanding is correct with what was determined by the Board members.
Please convey our thanks to the Board members for their time and consideration.