March 20, 2013 Minutes
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- Gregg Taylor
- Sue Cecil
- Willie Zapata
- Jim Blanche
- Bill Lawman
- Approval of February 2013 meeting minutes
- License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1598
- General- 1243: 573 Active, 3 Deceased, 613 Expired and 54 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 155: 82 Active, 0 Deceased, 67 Expired and 16 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 200.
Journeyman license: 1849
- 894 Active, 2 Deceased and 953 Expired.
Homeowner’s permit: 140 with no active licenses.
- Rules and Regulations pertaining to the renewal of expired licenses (Master General, Master Restricted and Journeymen) were discussed. Board to update this and other areas of concern of the rules and regulations prior to submitting changes to Commissioners for approval. Wording changed as fees are subject to change each July 1. Request to be sent will include the request of: Maximum option to be considered for renewals exceeding one cycle: Double the current reinstatement and renewal fees.
- The Board has determined HVAC contractors will need an HVAC Restricted Electricians license to do installation. Has there been any progress made on this license request? Sue tried to locate any information from prior years that was questioned to exist and has been unable to locate any information. Sue was able to locate previous exam from much older building code and gave this document to Brad. We would like to provide a LV/ABL/HVAC licenses and examinations. HOLD FOR BRAD AND DON.
- There were changes made to be considered for the Rules and Regulations.
- Sue administered the oath of Office to Board members and provided acknowledgement form of Code of Ethics and Code of Civility.
- There were 23 Journeyman exams given.
- Draft letter was discussed to send to County Attorney office pertaining to Journeyman representing as Contractors.
- Draft letter was discussed to send to County Commissioners pertaining to request of change in term limits of Board members. Sue to provide drafts for approval.