March 20, 2019 Minutes
Board of Electrical Examiners and Supervisors of Charles County
March 20, 2019
PGM Conference Room 1
Charles County Government Building
John Zanelotti, Chairman
John San Luis, Vice Chairman
Willie Zapata- Abesent
Elizabeth Theobalds, Deputy County Attorney
Sue Cecil, Secretary
Approval of January 2019 drafted meeting minutes. Thomas Wathen motioned to approve meeting minutes as written.Seconded by Don Litten. All in favor. None opposed.
1. Pertaining to our concerns with the State Legislative Committee:
Two new bills have been drafted by Delegate Kevin Horngberger that could drastically change the existing licensing process, enforcement procedures, and management of the electrical industry of Maryland per MUELEC.We were provided with notice written by the Executive Secretary (Gilbert Thompson) stating MUELEC would be opposed to this newly drafted legislation.
Liz Theobald was able to provide updated information that to date Bills 792 and 905 – Business Occupations and Professions – Licensing and Regulations of Electricians has not moved forward.
2. Revision of the Homeowner’s Permit exam was provided to the Secretary by John Zanelotti.
3. Due to “Energov” program, the renewal process has been altered and we have mailed out a notice to each Active Journeyman. Board Secretary is now updating each contact as received and is sending the instructions to process, renew and update their license once the email is entered the CSS Portal.
4. Journey applications approved for examinations held at this meeting:
- Hunter Cole
- Alpha Conteh
- George Coppage
- Jorge Silva Delgado
- James Gatton- no show
- La Von Green
- Claude Jackson- no show
- Brady Kiser
- Justin Martin
- Dustin Mikkola- no show
- Ana Orellana
- John Phillips
- Thomas Spencer
- Rutherford Tchoumte
- Andrew Tackish
- Felix Vargas
- Wilber Villeda-Tejada
- Jason White
5. Homeowner Permit application for Tyler Siedschlag, 13625 Rumsey Place, Bryantown, MD 20617, was reviewed. This application was denied.
6. Discussion of enforcement of Resolution 96-45 of the Charles County Code pertaining to attendance of Board Members.
Motion was made by Thomas Wathen to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by John San Luis. All in favor. None opposed.
Next meeting will be April 17, 2019.