May 15, 2013 Agenda
1. License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1599
General- 1244: 581 Active, 3 Deceased, 606 Expired and 54 Inactive.
Restricted Master- 156: 83 Active, 0 Deceased, 67 Expired and 16 Inactive.
Expired without license type listed: 200
Journeyman license: 1849
894 Active, 2 Deceased and 953 Expired.
Homeowner’s Permit: 140 with no active licenses.
2. Approval of March 2013 meeting minutes
3. Rules and Regulations to be updated.
4. Brandon Mills and Ross Goldsmith to attend meeting to review exams from March 2013.
5. The Board has determined HVAC contractors will need an HVAC Restricted Electricians license to do installation. Has there been any progress made on this license request? Per Don Litten this will be an issue dealt with as soon as the new Building Codes are approved and adopted by the Commissioners.
6. Letter of Recommendation was written and provided to the County Commissioners of the Board’s decision on terms of Board members. To be presented by Denise Ferguson at the Commissioners closed session May 21, 2013. Sue spoke with Liz Theobalds in reference to our request on May 13, 2013.
7. Sue to collect Financial Disclosure forms from each Board member.
8. Letter of request sent to County Attorney’s office to provide action on Journeyman representing them as Contractor’s was provided. Copy of letter to provide to Journeyman provided to each Board member.
9. Applications with Journeyman representing themselves as Contractors for Board members to view.
10. Sue to provide older Low Voltage exams for Board to examine. The Board may need to provide such an examination in the future.
11. Gregg Taylor and Willie Zapata will be attending the MUELEC meeting representing Charles County today.
12. Brad Pelczar, County Representative is requesting a one (1) year leave of absence from the Board.