May 15, 2013 Minutes
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- Gregg Taylor
- Sue Cecil
- Willie Zapata
- Jim Blanche
- Bill Lawman
License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1599
- General- 1244: 581 Active, 3 Deceased, 606 Expired and 54 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 156: 83 Active, 0 Deceased, 67 Expired and 16 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 200.
Journeyman license: 1849
- 894 Active, 2 Deceased and 953 Expired.
Homeowner’s permit: 140 with no active licenses.
- Rules and Regulations pertaining to the renewal of expired licenses (Master General, Master Restricted and Journeymen) were discussed. Board to update this and other areas of concern of the rules and regulations prior to submitting changes to Commissioners for approval. Wording changed as fees are subject to change each July 1. Request to be sent will include the request of: Maximum option to be considered for renewals exceeding one cycle: Double the current reinstatement and renewal fees. This has not yet been forwarded to the Commissioners for approval.
- The Board has determined HVAC contractors will need an HVAC Restricted Electricians license to do installation. Has there been any progress made on this license request? Per Don Litten this will be an issue dealt with as soon as the new building codes are approved and adopted by the Commissioners.
- Two Journeyman attended this meeting to review failed exams.
- Letter of Recommendation was written and provided to the County Commissioners of the Board’s decision on terms of Board Members.
- Sue collected Financial Disclosure forms to provide to the County Attorney’s office.
- Letter was provided by County Attorney’s office for use pertaining to Journeyman representing as Contractors.
- Draft letter was discussed to send to County Commissioners pertaining to request of change in term limits of Board members. Sue to provide drafts for approval.
- Low Voltage exam was discussed and will need to be provided prior to the September exam.
- Brad Pelczar requested a one (1) year leave of absence. The Board will attempt to work around his schedule so he will be able to provide his expertise that has been deemed important by other members.
- Gregg and Willie attended the MUELEC meeting. Information to follow.