May 21, 2014 Agenda
License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1661
General- 1301: 664 Active, 3 Deceased, 585 Expired and 49 Inactive.
Restricted Master- 165: 96 Active, 0 Deceased, 64 Expired and 5 Inactive. Expired without license type listed: 196
Journeyman license: 1855
719 Active, 2 Deceased and 1134 Expired.
Homeowner's Permit: 140 with no active licenses.
- Approval of April 2014 meeting minutes
- Homeowner's exam needs to be revised per our November 2013 meeting. It was determined that the exam would be changed to only pertain to residential work and be twenty (20) questions. Willie to provide.
- Concerns pertaining to Section 16 (0) - A licensed Master may not use his license of Master Electrician merely as a front to permit a person not licensed as Master Electrician in Charles County to engage in the business of Master Electrician in Charles County or to perform any of the kinds of work which of which a Master Electrician may perform.
- Concerns pertain to Section 16 (Q) - A Journeyman shall not represent as a Master Electrician and shall not do contracting work and Section 12 (K) - A Journeyman cannot represent himself as a contractor.
- Request from Don Litten to discuss emails provided referencing Split Bus Panels. Willie Zapata to provide statement to be given to Code Enforcement Officer.
- Concerns of local hospital (Charles Regional Medical Center) and any satellite buildings businesses owned by the hospital performing any
electrical work without permits and/ or inspections. There is not a Master Electrician assigned to the Charles Regional Medical Center, so, not having a Master Electrician assigned to the hospital, who is providing any/all electrical work in the Hospital or satellite offices with or/without Master license? Sue is to contact MDIA for any inspections provided to the building.
- To date 189 renewal applications have been processed of the active 759 Master Electricians.
- All application fees will be raised 4 percent due to a “Technology Fee” as of July 1, 2014.
- The new fees are as follows:
- Master Exam: $121.68
- Journeyman Exam: $82.16
- Homeowner Exam: $73.84
- Homeowner Retake: $29.12
- Reciprocal /Renewal/Reinstatement: $96.72
- Lost / Replacement: $29.12