Meeting Minutes 11/17/2014
Charles County Commission on Individuals with Disabilities
Meeting Minutes of November 17, 2014
Charles County Government Building, Office of the Safety Officer, B140
Call to Order:
The meeting was called to order at 3:02 p.m. by Emily Ferren.
- In attendance: Amy Blandford, Emily Ferren, Joane Gulvas, Jim Howard, Robin Lincoln, Nicky Pires, TK Speer and Keri Williams.
- Excused: Jeff Barnett and Sandra Dent
The meteing minutes for the October 20, 2014 meeting were reviewed. Nicky Pires name was misspelled. The meeting minutes for October 20, 2014 were approved as corrected.
- Website: $80.00 was collected to pay for the website. The Commission will choose a name that easily draws people to the website.
- The Commission discussed an Awareness Day that could couple a social event with an educational awareness piece. Different venues and dates were discussed. It was decided that May 1, 2015 would be a good time to have this event. Further research is needed for the venue.
- On August 8, 2015 the Capital Clubhouse will be hosting an Early Childhood Day. The Commission will have a presence at the event.
- The group also spoke of getting a proclamation with the Commissioners. The CIWD will get on their agenda for that.
- Amy spoke to her co-worker, Suzie Miller, about meeting with Commissioners to do a presentation on work place accommodations.
- An an FYI, the dates on the December month of the Waldorf Beautification Project calendar are incorrect.
- DORS e-mails will be changing soon to @maryland.gov
- Amy did a wonderful, informative presentation at SMCIL about Vision Impairment and Accommodations int he Workplace.
- Keri provided information on Public Service Announcements and how they could benefit the CIWD.
Next meeting is December 15, 2014
Charles County Government Building, Room B140
Meeting Adjourned at 4:16 p.m.