Minutes - January 2019
Area Council on Aging
January 10, 2019
Call to Order: Meeting began at 9:36am
No Quorum Present
Attendees: Vice President Kenny Gordon, Linda Stansbury, Ben Watkins, Roy Naraine and Secretary Rachelle Andrews-Mobley, Lisa Furlow
Excused: Kumiah Harrison
Oath of Office: None
Communication: Tri-County meeting 6/6/2019 in Calvert County, Calvert Pines Senior Center
Area Agency on Aging Report: Lisa Furlow
- Dry Wall going up in the new Waldorf Senior and Recreational Center. Expected opening Spring/Summer 2019. Lisa will schedule a tour for ACA members.
- SMECO offering account holders 4 pack of light bulbs and hand-held shower. Call SMECO for more information.
- Upcoming events: Valentine’s party and play at the Clark Center on 2/14.
- St. Patrick’s party on 3/14.
- Energy Assistance programs available via MAP
- Filing Tax assistance available at the Clark Center.
- Call-in, Teleconference possibilities for ACA meetings. Lisa will investigate getting a phone into the conference room. Rachelle suggested we use a free conference call number so that we would not be limited to the number of people who could call in.
- Proposed Senior Center visits
- February-Clark Center
- March – Indian Head
- April – Nanjemoy
- May – Waldorf Senior Center