November 28, 2012 Minutes
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
- Gregg Taylor
- Sue Cecil
- Jim Blanche
- Bill Lawman
- Willie Zapata
- Brad Pelczar
Approval of October 2012 meeting minutes.
License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1577
- General- 1226: 535 Active, 2 Deceased, 633 Expired and 56 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 155: 80 Active, 0 Deceased, 69 Expired and 6 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 202.
Journeyman license: 1849
- 895 Active, 2 Deceased and 952 Expired.
Homeowner’s permit: 140 with no active licenses.
- Rules and Regulations pertaining to the renewal of expired licenses (Master General, Master Restricted and Journeymen) were discussed in April. Board to update this and other areas of concern of the rules and regulations prior to submitting changes to Commissioners for approval. Wording changed as fees are subject to change each July 1. Request to be sent will include the request of: Maximum option to be considered for renewals exceeding one cycle: Double the current reinstatement and renewal fees.
- The Board has determined HVAC contractors will need an HVAC Restricted Electricians license to do installation. Has there been any progress made on this license request? Sue tried to locate any information from prior years that was questioned to exist and has been unable to locate any information. Sue was able to locate previous exam from much older building code and gave this document to Brad. We would like to provide a LV/ABL/HVAC licenses and examinations. HOLD FOR BRAD AND DON.
- Explanation of Boards decision to Don Litten, CC Code Enforcement Officer that the determination was made that though the NEC requires a mechanical means of bonding the grounding electrode conductor to the electrical service panel, this means does not have to require the placement or installation of a “Kenny Clamp”. While this is an acceptable means to meet the NEC, it will not be a required means of attachment.
- Phillip Berbig and Edwin Miranda attended to view failed Journeyman exams from September 2012.
- Vote was unanimous to not enforce the decision of requirement of 10 hours of CEU’s to renew 2014-2016 Master renewals. Sue will send a letter of the decision to any and all of those holding a Master license in Charles County by January 30, 2013. Brad to provide Sue with the letter. ** New information from Don Haskin pertaining to the State attempting to implement the requirement of 10 hours of CEU’s upon renewal. It was determined that the requirement has not passed at the State level and at this time there are no Board meetings scheduled therefore not on an agenda at this time to be voted upon. ** 11/28/2012
- Journeyman application reviewed and approved for mailing in January/February 2013.
- Gregg Taylor and Willie Zapata to attend MUELEC meeting today. The discussion at the meeting were:
- Proposal of Journeyman license at State level.
- Requirement of 15 CEU hours for active and inactive Master license.
- Resumes for any applicants for new Board members to be reviewed at January meeting and interviews to be set up for February meeting.
- A copy of the current Rules and Regulations was given to each Board member to read and make suggestions for changes. Discussion and revisions to start at January meeting.