October 16, 2013 Minutes
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
- Bill Lawman
- Willie Zapata
- Jim Blanche
- John Zanelotti
- Sue Cecil
- Frank Ward
License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1625
- General- 1265: 614 Active, 3 Deceased, 594 Expired and 50 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 161: 89 Active, 0 Deceased, 66 Expired and 6 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 200.
Journeyman license: 1852
- 743 Active, 2 Deceased and 1107 Expired.
Homeowner’s permit: 140 with no active licenses.
- Twenty one (21) Journeyman exam applications were graded. Three (3) Journeyman exams received passing grades.
- Frank Ward, Chief of Codes, Permits and Inspections, was selected to replace Brad Pelczar as our County Representative. Mr. Pelczar resigned from Charles County Government employment as of September 27, 2013.
- The CCG Commissioners have approved the Board’s recommendation of John Zanelotti to replace the position left open with C. Gregg Taylor leaving.
- Homeowner permit applications were approved for:
- Saleem Naviwala
- Henry Bowling III
- After the discussion of lowering the percentage necessary to pass examinations was brought to the table. The percentage will stay at seventy (70) percent to receive a passing grade on any /all examinations given by this Board. All in favor. None opposed.
- A motion made by Jim Blanche to replace C. Gregg Taylor with Willie Zapata as the Chairman of the Board. Seconded by Bill Lawman. All in favor. None opposed.