September 19, 2012 Agenda
1. License Counts as of this month are as follows:
Masters license: 1574
- General- 1216: 530 Active, 2 Deceased, 655 Expired and 29 Inactive.
- Restricted Master- 154: 83 Active, 0 Deceased, 70 Expired and 1 Inactive.
- Expired without license type listed: 204.
Journeyman license: 1847
- 893 Active, 2 Deceased and 952 Expired.
Homeowner’s license: 140 with no active licenses.
2. Approval of August 2012 meeting minutes
3. Rules and Regulations pertaining to the renewal of expired licenses (Master General, Master Restricted and Journeymen) were discussed in April. Board to update this and other areas of concern of the rules and regulations prior to submitting changes to Commissioners for approval. Maximum option to be considered: Double the current reinstatement and renewal fees.
4. The Board has determined HVAC contractors will need an HVAC Restricted Electricians license to do installation. Has there been any progress made on this license request? Per Don Litten this will be an issue dealt with as soon as the new Building Codes are approved and adopted by the Commissioners.
5. Exam to be given at this meeting for (4) Master and (22) Journeyman.
6. Per Willie Zapata – (2) additional Journeyman licenses from March 2012 examination to be processed with licenses.
7. Master Restricted licensees are questioning if the requirements for 10 CEU at renewal time should be waved due to the State not recognizing Restricted licenses.