200 Charles Street
La Plata, Maryland 20646
Located in the Public Law Library
THE LEGAL RESOURCE CENTER & LAW LIBRARY provide free limited legal services for people who do not have an attorney.
Legal Advice Service Hours:
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND THURSDAY
If Monday is a holiday, legal advice will be available on Tuesday
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
The last consultation begins at 1:30 pm
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED
Who can we help?
An individual with a family or general civil legal problem. We cannot help relatives or agents on behalf of the person seeking legal advice.
Will the attorney represent me in my case or for my scheduled court date?
No, the attorney will not represent you in your case nor will the attorney appear for your scheduled court date. However, the attorney can provide you with limited legal advice so that you can represent yourself.
What type of legal issues can I ask about?
- Family Law Matters (divorce, custody, visitation, child support, adoption, paternity, and guardianship)
- Small and Large Claims
- Landlord and Tenant Matters
- Expungement and Shielding of Records
- Consumer Matters (car repossessions, debt collection, and credit card cases)
- Return of Property (replevin and detinue)
- Domestic Violence/Peace Orders
- Estates & Trusts
- and More
Can the attorney help me with anything else?
Yes, the attorney can help you:
- Complete court forms
- Learn how to file court documents
- Prepare for court
- Prepare for mediation
- Understand court documents
I don't see the form or instructions I need...are there more court forms?
Yes, click here to access all of the court forms and instructions.
Sponsored by Juvenile and Family Services