- An employee must be customarily scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week and at least 1,560 hours per calendar year
- Benefits are effective on the first day of the month following the date of employment
New Hire Enrollment Window
- New hires are able to elect benefits within 31-days of start date with the County
Open Enrollment Window
- Our annual open enrollment window is held in May. Any benefit changes made during open enrollment are effective July 1
Changes to Benefits due to Qualifying Life Events (30-day deadline)
- No changes can be made to an employee's benefits during the plan year without a Qualifying Life Event. Examples include:
- Birth or Adoption of a child
- Obtaining other coverage
- Loss of current coverage
- Employees must make benefit changes within 30-days of a Qualifying Life Event. No exceptions.
- Please contact the Benefits department to submit a change form (along with supporting documentation).
- The change can also be initiated electronically at Benefit Focus - CCG Benefit Enrollment Website.
Termination of Employment
- Insurance coverage is effective through the end of the month in which employment ceases.
- A terminated employee may elect to continue insurance coverage under COBRA provisions for at least 18 months.
- COBRA continuation enrollment procedures and premiums are provided at the time of separation.