Charles County Government offers a pre-paid legal benefit through Legal Resources to all benefit-eligible employees with coverage available for you, your spouse and dependent children (up to age 19 or 23 if a full-time student).
Some of benefits of this program include:
- Legal advice and consultation
- Will preparation
- Purchase, sale, or refinance of primary residence
- Traffic court representation
- Uncontested divorce representation
- Tenant dispute with landlord
- Uncontested domestic adoption
- Review of a financial contract or lease
- District court representation in a civil action
- Defense of child in juvenile court (misdemeanor)
The cost of the benefit is $16 per month or $8 per pay period (24 paychecks).
*This benefit is only offered during our Open Enrollment period held in May.