The Tuition Reimbursement Program provides for continued development of Charles County Government (CCG) employees.
- Full-time and full-time reduced hour (grandfathered employees only)
- Employed with the County for minimum of 1 year
- Non-probationary employee
- Courses must be credit courses and job-related or be part of a degree related to the employee's current job or to a County position which the employee may reasonably expect to progress.
- An employee is eligible to receive reimbursement for up to 12 credit hours up to a maximum reimbursement determined through the annual County budgetary process.
- Tuition reimbursement will include the cost of text books. The employee must submit the receipt showing the cost of the text books to be reimbursed.
- The County will reimburse 100% of authorized tuition expenses upon presentation of the final grade report which reflects successful completion of course requirements. Undergraduates must earn a grade of "C" or better. A grade of "B" or better must be earned for graduate courses.
- Employees who receive this benefit will be required to reimburse the County, on a pro-rata basis, should they separate from county employment in the one (1) year period following the completion of the course.
Additional details regarding the tuition reimbursement program can be found in the Charles County Government Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual in Chapter 21.