Join the Charles County Cares 2020 Coalition
COVID-19 Call Center
301-609-6717 or 301-609-6777
- 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Daily)
P.O. Box 1050
4545 Crain Highway
White Plains, MD 20695
On Thursday, May 14, the Board of Commissioners met to discuss implementing phase one guidelines of Maryland’s “Roadmap to Recovery.” They voted 3-2 to institute phase one of Governor Hogan’s order beginning May 29. Read the News Release.
As the county gets back to business, our business owners are urged to continue to put people first. This means adhering to best practices that ensure the safety of your workers and customers alike. Through our collective efforts, Charles County's business community will play a critical role in protecting our citizens and preventing another surge of COVID-19 infections.
The following federal & state resources have been compiled by the Charles County Department of Health to assist businesses across the county in developing best practices as we enter this new era in business.
Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services
FDA is sharing information about best practices to operate retail food stores, restaurants, and associated pick-up and delivery services during the COVID-19 pandemic to safeguard workers and consumers.
For more business related COVID-19 updates, please visit www.MeetCharlesCounty.com.
Reopening a Business Resources
- Best Practices for Businesses to Reopen - Restaurants and Bars
- Best Practices for Retail Businesses
- General Business Best Practices
- Guidance for Small Businesses
- Interim Guidance LImited Outdoor Youth Sports
- Maryland Companies Producing Personal Protective Equipment
- Opening for Swimming
- Opening for Youth Camps
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID_19
- Retail Best Practices Infographic