8190 Port Tobacco Rd.
Port Tobacco, MD 20677
Chief of Aging and Human Services
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Department of Community Services Aging and Human Services Division is designated as the Area Agency on Aging and the lead agency for the Aging & Disability Resource Center, Maryland Access Point for Charles County. The Aging and Human Services Division provides a wide range of programs and services to promote independence and improve the quality of life for older persons.
The following services and programs, as well as information concerning benefits, services, and programs from other community resources, may be accessed through the Department of Community Services Aging and Human Services Division:
- Congregate/Senior Center Meals
- Energy Assistance
- Emergency Assistance: food, fuel, and prescriptions call 1-855-843-9725
- Family Caregiver Support
- Health Insurance Assistance and Consultation
- Health Scope/Visit the Nurse
- Home-Delivered Meals/Meals-on-Wheels
- Housing Options
- Information Referral and Assistance
- Income Tax Assistance and Consultation
- Legal Services
- Loan Closet for Durable Medical Equipment
- Long Term Care and In-Home Services
- Nutrition Services, Education and Evaluation
- Options Counseling for Long Term Care
- Resident Advocacy for Long Term Care
- Senior Centers and Senior Center Plus
- Telephone Reassurance/Friendly Visiting
- Veterans' Benefits
- Volunteer Opportunities
To obtain these services, complete a benefit screening, or to request additional information, or call 1-855-843-9725 or 301-609-5712.
You may also send an email to MDAccessPoint@CharlesCountyMD.Gov.
Department of Community Services 301-934-9305 or 301-870-3388.